Thứ Bảy, 14 tháng 9, 2013

My recommended reading list

 A number of you have asked what books/articles/plays I'm having my USC comedy class read.   So here's the list.  I recommend these to you too. 

Required Reading---

John Kennedy Toole – Confederacy of Dunces
Neil Simon – Odd Couple (play)

Recommended Reading --

John Vorhaus – The Comic Toolbox
Dan O’Shannon – What Are You Laughing At?
Ken Levine – Blog: KenLevine.blogspot.com  (archives)
Woody Allen – Without Feathers
Woody Allen – Getting Even
Tad Friend - “What’s So Funny?”
John Morreall – “Historical Theories of Laughter”
Henri Bergson – Laughter, An Essay on the Meaning of the Comic
Steve Martin – Born Standing Up
Douglas McKwan -- My Lush Life
Tina Fey – Bossypants
Marc Maron – Attempting Normal
Andy Goldberg – Improv Comedy

What I expect to happen is this:  You'll recommend a bunch of other ones.  That's great.  Some of your suggestions you may feel are be better than what's listed above, but I have reasons for each selection.   In any event, you can't go wrong.  And I'm not making anyone read Beowulf

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét