Chủ Nhật, 30 tháng 3, 2014

What I read on my spring vacation

Spending three weeks in Hawaii gave me a chance to catch up on my reading.  Here's what I read:

Shell Shocked -- the Howard Kaylan autobiography.
Well-written, candid, and very funny.   The lead singer of the Turtles takes you through his remarkable career.  "What a life!" and "Why isn't he dead?" are the two statements you'll be making.

Children of the Canyon -- by David Kukoff
A dark but engrossing novel about the kids who grew up in Laurel Canyon during the '70s.  Filled with rock stars, drugs, alternative lifestyles, bullshit rhetoric -- back when "family"  meant Charles Manson.

Effed Up -- by Russ Woody
A wickedly funny dysfunctional family by one of Hollywood's best comedy writers --  who needs to get in therapy quick.

Deadly Heat -- by Richard Castle
For a TV character, Castle really packs his crime novel with murders, terrorist plots, clues, twists, and sex.

Mad as Hell -- by David Itzkoff
The making of one of the great movies ever, NETWORK.  It really gets into the mind of writer Paddy Chayefsky -- worth the price just for that.

And I had already read this book but wanted to plug it anyway:  Must Kill TV -- by me.  85 reviews (78 real good ones).  And the Kindle is only $2.99.  Don't wait for the movie. 

TOMORROW:  My thoughts on THE GOOD WIFE.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét