Thứ Tư, 6 tháng 11, 2013

Miscellaneous thoughts and rants

My wife does not agree that Piper Perabo from COVERT AFFAIRS is a great serious actress. How she can’t see that I don’t know. But this season I proved my point. Piper’s character has gone undercover. Instead of being a blonde, she’s now a brunette. Proof that the woman has range. Boom! Game over!

Toldja! Nikki Finke is out at Deadline Hollywood. This is like when Redd Foxx and Demond Wilson left SANFORD AND SON but they kept the show going as THE SANFORD ARMS. One writer said, “They just renewed the set.” I look forward to reading Nikki somewhere else very soon.

Not a good election day for Tea Party candidates. Turns out all those federal workers who got furloughed during the recent government shutdown were registered voters.

Miami Dolphin coaches responding to Rickie Incognito’s threats and taunts and racist slurs: “Sociopathic behavior from players at certain positions is not only tolerated but cherished.” America’s game.

Great SIMPSONS tribute to Marcia Wallace who played Mrs. Krabappel and passed away last month.
Huffington Post Headline: Paula Abdul Wears Sexy One-Piece In Israel

Another Huffington Post Headline: Cher Takes Over 'DWTS' And Even Makes Sense Occasionally

Brad Ausmus will be a great manager for the Detroit Tigers. He is the sixth Jewish manager in big league history, joining such household names as Lipman Pike. I love the fact that Brad will be wearing the same uniform as the great Hank Greenberg.

There will be a GAME CHANGE sequel. Julianne Moore will play Mitt Romney this time.

Now that I have Google+ installed, I have no idea what it is.

I wonder which idiot franchise will pay big money to sign Ubaldo Jiminez.

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER is the one bright spot on the CBS Monday night lineup. 2 BROKE GIRLS is slipping (I guess America stopped laughing at the word “vagina” after 546 times in 2+ seasons). THE “NEW” MIKE & MOLLY and MOM did meh.

The NBA has begun its 82 game exhibition season. Then three teams are eliminated, they begin the playoffs, and the games start to count. Wake me in May.

I’ve officially given up on THE BLACKLIST. They’re now using James Spader less and Megan Boone more. That’s like someone on MORK AND MINDY saying, “More with the girl; she's your money!"

Are we starting to take Hostess Twinkies for granted again?

ENDERS GAME really didn’t catch on with young audiences. I can’t understand it. The ads sold it as a Harrison Ford movie. What more do those kids want?

I miss Dave Sims calling the radio play-by-play of Sunday Night Football. He made those sociopaths sound interesting. 



Great tweet from Mark Jordan Legan: All in all, you don't really need to see "12 Years A Slave " in 3-D.

Thanks to everyone who bought my book so far.  I hope you're rewarded with lots of laughs. 

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét