Thứ Bảy, 10 tháng 1, 2015

RIP Taylor Negron

I was shocked to learn that Taylor Negron has passed away. He was only 57. Cancer. I’ve known Taylor for many years, and worked with him as recently as last year when we both did a reading for Comedy Central’s Sit-n-Spin. The first time I met Taylor was in the late ‘70s when he was doing an improv show for THE L.A. CONNECTION on Venice Beach one Sunday afternoon. He was so funny and so inventive that he inspired me to get into improv myself.

You may not know the name but you’ve seen him in hundreds of movies and TV shows. He was Mr. Pizza Guy in FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH. He was the villain in THE LAST BOY SCOUT.

Taylor had the rare ability to play exaggerated characters and make them seem absolutely real and believable. He was also a chameleon. Give him any character and he could pull it off. He could also elevate just about any material you gave him.

And offstage, he was the dearest soul. I will miss his smile, the twinkle in his eye, and his uplifting spirit. Taken from us way too soon. RIP Taylor.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét