Chủ Nhật, 18 tháng 8, 2013

Attention fellow Natalie Wood freaks!

TCM is devoting this whole day to a Natalie Wood marathon. There goes my Sunday.

As longtime readers (two weeks) of this blog know, I am obsessed with Natalie Wood. Whenever I can’t find an appropriate photo to go with a post I present pictures of Natalie Wood. And according to recent feedback, you guys seem to like the photos more than the posts themselves.

This infatuation began when I was an impressionable teenager (read: hormones exploding) and I saw a bloated slapstick comedy called THE GREAT RACE at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood. Ohmygod! This creature came on the screen and I was like that wolf in the Looney Tunes cartoons whose eyes sprung out of his head every time he saw a hot girl.

So I started following Natalie Wood movies. It’s the same principle as ducks and imprinting. Fortunately, she also turned out to be a terrific actress.

I never actually met her, but I did see her once in the MGM commissary when she was filming her last movie, BRAINSTORM. Again, the cartoon wolf.

And then my Nataliemania reached its peak with her untimely and questionable death. Just as some folks are obsessed with the Kennedy assassination, I still want closure… and justice on the Natalie Wood case.

So there you have it. She leaves behind a legacy of wonderful movies. Here’s the TCM schedule for today. And if you’re on Time-Warner cable it’s not like you can watch CBS.  Happy binging fellow Natalie Wood freaks.

9 a.m. WEST SIDE STORY (1961)
11:45 a.m. THE SEARCHERS (1956)
1:45 p.m. REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (1955)
3:45 p.m. SPLENDOR IN TH E GRASS (1961)
6 p.m. SEX ANDTHE SINGLE GIRL (1964)
8 p.m. THE GREATRACE (1963)
11 p.m. GYPSY (1962)
1:30 a.m. BOB & CAROL & TED & ALICE (1969)
3:30 a.m. INSIDE DAISY CLOVER (1965)

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét