Thứ Ba, 20 tháng 8, 2013

One of my most cherished possessions

When working with the great Larry Gelbart, I had mentioned to him that my favorite MASH script of his an episode called "The More I See You" from season four.  Blythe Danner guests as Hawkeye's former love who is assigned to the 4077.

Larry used to write his scripts in longhand on legal pads with black Sharpies.  Rarely would he have cross-outs.  It was like Mozart.

The next day Larry came in and gave me a Xerox copy of his handwritten original draft.  From legal pad to air, the script remained virtually the same.

Wanna see what a Larry Gelbart script looks like?   I was able to scan a page.  This will give you some idea.   If I scanned a page of my handwritten scripts, even I wouldn't be able to decipher it.  There'd be arrows, lines in the margins, cross-outs throughout, sometimes arrows to other pages.  But Larry's were clean, legible, and damn near perfect. 

So here it is... literally from the PEN of the master  -- Larry Gelbart.  Enjoy.
Here it the actual revised final script.    Thanks to reader Matt Barnett for this.


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét