Thứ Tư, 12 tháng 2, 2014

Sam Rubin responds on my blog

I have to say, the man is a mensch.  Sam recently left a comment on my blog regarding the dueling Sams incident.  It would have been so easy to just say, "Yeah, I meant the CAPTAIN AMERICA commercial," but Sam told the truth.  And he's being a great sport about this whole thing.  

As you might imagine, humor has always been held in high regard in my family.  Both of my kids are funny.  But the one thing I always stressed is that if you dish it out you have to be able to take it.  There will be times when the target is you, and you have to take it with good grace.  That's what Sam is doing.  So I tip my cap and am reprinting Sam's comment.   Thanks so much for posting it. 

That mistake was all my own. And to be honest, I think I confused about five different things. There WAS a Captain American clip that DID run during the Super Bowl, although I don't know if [Samuel L Jackson] was featured in that clip. There are those credit card commercials, and then of course there was the Laurence Fishburne car commercial.

So I kind of put it out there vaguely. Er, I really wasn't certain, and obviously that was the wrong thing to do.

The minute I realised it, I said to [Samuel L Jackson] I was sorry for it.

I really pride myself on the fact that unlike a lot of people who do this kind of work, more often than not I really do know what I'm talking about, but I didn't [during that segment] and I'm really embarrassed about it, and I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended for what was a very amateur mistake.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét