Thứ Năm, 10 tháng 4, 2014

To prove what a gracious loser I am...

I congratulate Stephen Colbert on being named the replacement for David Letterman.  (Next to me) he's a great choice.  When people complain that he only plays a "character" they're grossly underestimating him.   He's extremely bright, personable, as quick-witted as Letterman or quicker, and he's a terrific interviewer.   I hope he brings a lot of his COLBERT REPORT writers with him.   If so, expect his monologues to be the best of the 11:30 bunch.   Colbert is also a terrific singer.  He's far more talented and versatile than many detractors give him credit for.

As much as it hurts, because I was already going to Ikea picking out my desk, CBS made a great choice.   I placed a call to Stephen to congratulate him.  He hasn't returned it.  Something about not knowing who the fuck I am.  But I'm sure at some point he will reach out.

And not to toot my own horn, but you haven't seen any gracious concession announcements from Craig Ferguson or Sarah Palin.   Show some class, guys.  Just cause I finished second...

Again, my heartiest best wishes to Stephen Colbert.  Just keep Darlene Love's annual Christmas performance and you'll have a nightly viewer in me.

(Anyone know when Kimmel's deal is up?)

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét