Thứ Hai, 24 tháng 8, 2015

How I make my final Emmy decisions

We’re in the final round of Emmy voting. As a proud TV Academy Member I have some very difficult choices to make. Forget all the snubs, there are so many worthy nominees that my head is starting to explode.

So how to decide?

I could watch all of the shows. Most are available on line. But Jesus, that takes forever. And then I’ll have more factors swimming around in my head. He was surprisingly compelling here. Once I gave this show twelve episodes I really got into it. Ugh! Excedrin Headache 2015. 

There has to be a better way.

Well, there is.

I just get in my car, drive around Los Angeles, and look for billboards. After all, only the BEST shows and actors get billboards, right? If I’m on the fence and see a “For Your Consideration” billboard for one of the candidates, that clearly tips it.

I applaud the studios and networks. They must spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on billboards but it’s certainly money well spent.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on Ventura and come across a fellow Emmy voter cruising the boulevard doing the same thing. We usually give each other a “thumbs up,” knowing that we’re the smart ones.

Oh, it’s not a perfect system. Gas prices have gone up lately. And I got stuck in traffic in Culver City once. That was a nightmare. But anything worth doing is worth doing right.

And my heart goes out to the studios. Not only do they have to worry about time slots, they now must contend with street locations. If Elisabeth Moss loses for MAD MEN it can only be because her billboard was in West Covina (and maybe the fact that her name isn’t even listed on the billboard).
The Emmys are September 20th. I’ll be reviewing them. And I’ll be driving to San Pedro tonight. It’s important I make the most informed choices.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét