Thứ Bảy, 15 tháng 9, 2012

Guess the first cancellation of the Fall

Okay, kids, it's that time of year again.  Time to select the first new series of the Fall to get cancelled.  Leave your entry in the comments section.  I have not seen most of the new shows so your guess is as good as mine. 

But from what I hear, these are a few strong possibilities:

THE NEIGHBORS --  Jami Gertz and family move into a neighborhood inhabited completely by aliens from outer space.  This is why I don't have a show on this year.  I would never in a billion years walk into a network and pitch that.

THE FAMILY TOOLS -- hijinks when a doofus son tries to run the family's fix-it business.  He literally shoots himself in the foot in the pilot.  Hi-larious!

There seem to be a lot of ABC comedies that might qualify. 

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST -- Supposedly the Beast is a handsome guy with a cosmetic scar.  Keep little kids away from the TV.

PARTNERS -- Recycled, retro, multi-cam comedy.  You could say it would be good if it were 1995 but there was a show in 1995 called PARTNERS and it was supposedly way better.  This show steals everything from that show except the bumper music. 

GUYS WITH KIDS --  Five Morons & a Baby. 

CHICAGO FIRE -- Drama about firefighters from Dick Wolf.   It's got to be hard to hate a show about firefighters yet the critics did.  So it must be considered a serious candidate.

EMILY OWENS, M.D. -- Lots of negative buzz for this CW show.  I dunno why.   No aliens in the trailer.

And I'm sure there are others equally bad or worse.  Not to mention there's always the chance that one of these turns out to be good.  I'm not holding my breath but ya never know. 

I'm going to take the safe pick and go with THE NEIGHBORS.  I have seen that pilot and it's right there with CAVEMEN and LIFE WITH LUCY. 

What's your pick? 

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét